Dental Implants are perfect for replacing missing teeth. For those who do not want partial or complete dentures, dental implants may be your answer. These types of implants offer a fixed solution for missing teeth.
Call Us Today – (907) 341-4009
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are basically fake teeth, that have a titanium root and are surgically placed into the jaw bone by the dentist.
These teeth are attached to the implants and look like normal teeth.
Dental implants normally last for many years but sometimes they need to be re-tightened or replaced from normal wear and tear.
Overall they are very strong, durable and will last for a long time.
Why Would You Get Dental Implants?
- They can easily replace one or more teeth without affecting other teeth. Partial dentures are made in order to help stabilize surrounding teeth, but they can wear down the surrounding teeth faster than if you had dental implants.
- Sometimes they are used to help support a bridge or partial denture.
- Dental implants are more secure and comfortable.
- They can help restore your smile and confidence.
- Dental implants help resolve bite problems or shifting teeth by filling gaps where missing teeth are.
The Dental Implant Procedure In Anchorage
Dental implants will require you to come in for several visits over the next month. X-rays and molds of your mouth will need to be done in order to determine where the dental implant will be placed. The implant will be surgically placed into the jaw bone and time will be needed in order to help it heal and to integrate itself onto the bone.
After a few weeks of the surgical implant, the artificial tooth will be made and fitted. This process may take a few appointments to complete in order to make sure the implant is securely attached and has healed correctly. Eventually you won’t notice the dental implant, which makes this type of procedure popular.
The dentist will provide you with instruction on how to care for your implant so that it will last a long time.
We offer a free consultation where the dental implants dentist can go over options with you including cost. Call us today (907) 341-4009 to see if dental implants are right for you.